In the classroom, workplace, or everyday life, the ability to locate and evaluate information for context, credibility, and accuracy is a 21st century success and survival skill. Information Literacy is the ability to think critically about information; to recognize when information is needed and have the skills to locate, evaluate and effectively use it.
After the taking the Information Literacy Programme, participants will be able to:
- Learn how to sieve and extract information
- Develop crtical thinking and have the desire to explore and learn relevancy of information
- Understand the social issues surrounding the use of information, and access and use information ethically and legally
- Develop global awareness and understanding of copyrights and plagiarisms that is taking place each day
- Identify the information that is being shown in advertisement that affects the purchasing decision and how the advertisement does affects the consumers.
- Understand how photography plays an important role in the world of information.
- Assess options and make sound decisions without compromising on the objective and the intended messages that is to be shared